Cox Architecture, who have also been shortlisted for their role in the Ken Rosewall Arena Redevelopment in Sydney, were the lead designers of the Rod Laver Arena project.
The shortlist has been selected from over 700 entries from 55 countries and across 20 categories, with Rod Laver Arena a candidate in the 'Sport - Completed Buildings' category, alongside some world-renowned venues and facilities.
The architects and designers behind each shortlisted project will compete for category prizes live at WAF in December.
Presentations of the shortlisted designs will be made to more than 100 international juries in front of festival delegates.
Category winners then compete against each other on the final day of the festival, to compete for the ultimate accolades of World Building of the Year, Future Project of the Year, Interior of the Year and Landscape of the Year.
Shortlist (Sport - Completed Buildings):
- BUDJI+ROYAL Architecture+Design, New Clark City ATHLETICS STADIUM, New Clark City, Capas, Tarlac, Philippines
- Cox Architecture, Ken Rosewall Arena Redevelopment, Sydney, Australia
- Cox Architecture, Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia
- NIKKEN SEKKEI LTD + Shimizu Corporation, ARIAKE GYMNASTICS CENTRE, Ariake, Koto-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- Populous, Carolina Panthers Training Facility, Rock Hill, South Carolina, United States
- White Arkitekter, Bølgen Bath and Leisure Centre, Frogn municipality, Norway
- Zaha Hadid Architects, Al Janoub Stadium, Qatar, United Arab Emirates