Melbourne & Olympic Parks (M&OP) Trust Member, Liberty Sanger, has been recognised with a Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) in the 2021 Queen’s Birthday Honours list.
Liberty, who is a a Principal, Board Member and Practice Group Leader at Maurice Blackburn Lawyers, was acknowledged for her service to the law, and to the community.
As well as her involvement with M&OP, Liberty has a decorated list of previous and current achievements.
Maurice Blackburn Lawyers Pty Ltd
- Principal and Director, since 2003.
- National Head, Personal Injuries Law Division, current.
- Chair, Diversity and Inclusion Steering Committee, since 2017.
- Workplace Injury Lawyer, since 1997.
- Public commentator.
- Chair, Equal Workplaces Advisory Council, Victorian Government, since 2017.
- Member, Ministerial Council on Women’s Equality, since 2017.
- President and Board Member, YWCA Victoria, 2001-2003.
- Former Board Member, YWCA Australia.
- Life Member.
- Member, National Advisory Board, since 2016.
- Member, Victorian Advisory Board, current.
- Professional Law Organisations
- Member, Law Institute of Victoria, since 1999.
- Director, Victoria Law Foundation, 2004-2009.
- Member, Melbourne Olympic Parks Trust, since 2017.
- Director, Emergency Services State Super Fund, 2010-2013.
- Director, Federation Square Pty Ltd, 2009-2012.
- Chair, Liquor Control Advisory Council, 2006-2009.
Awards and recognition include:
- Victorian Women’s Honour Roll, 2019.
- Mentor of the Year, Victorian Legal Awards, Law Institute of Victoria, 2018.