Are you ready to lead Australia’s preeminent sporting and entertainment precinct?
Welcoming around 600 events and attracting more than 2.5 million people, Melbourne and Olympic Parks is home to an array of the most iconic and world-class experiences.
The precinct is notably acclaimed for hosting the Australian Open and the city’s most celebrated national and international, sports and entertainment events including the Australian Open Grand Slam, staging the highest calibre of concerts and shows, football (soccer), rugby league, rugby union, netball, basketball, cycling and gymnastics.
This is the place where the people of Melbourne help all our visitors make memories of a lifetime. The unrivalled location is situated between Melbourne’s CBD and Botanic Gardens, bound by the Yarra River.
Comprising around 40 hectares, it joins together the exceptionally unique premises of Melbourne Park and Olympic Park and comprises Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne Arena, Margaret Court Arena, AAMI Park, The Melbourne Park Function Centre and Tennis HQ.
The Melbourne and Olympic Parks Trust was established to oversee these world class facilities and take responsibility for the care, improvement, use and promotion of Melbourne Park and Olympic Park for now and into the future.
Chief Executive Officer
The Trustees of Melbourne and Olympic Parks are seeking to appoint an exceptional individual to be its next Chief Executive Officer as part of a planned and managed succession process. As the leader of Melbourne and Olympic Parks Trust, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A strategic mindset coupled with a dynamic, contemporary leadership style and well-honed people skills;
- An ability to navigate complex relationships and engage with a broad array of key stakeholders including the State Government, Tennis Australia, promoters, sporting clubs, other tenants, venue partners, suppliers and the general community;
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to continue to attract events, partners and customers to the precinct in order to build revenues and full utilisation of the precinct;
- A deep passion for putting the customer at the heart of everything; and
- Impeccable ethics and personal integrity. This role will be based in Melbourne, Victoria.
For all enquiries regarding this opportunity, please contact the assisting consultants, Egon Zehnder via email: email@example.com. Applications close on Friday 29 March 2019 at 5pm.