Rod Laver Arena demolition works are well underway as the indoor courts, Café Arena, the old M&OP and Tennis Australia administration offices are now a construction zone. As the Entrance C Car Park transforms, please note that the area is no longer a vehicular entrance - except for emergency vehicles, and new drop-off points can be found here.
This is the first major works since RLA was built 30 years ago and is on track to be complete in 2019 and will deliver outstanding front and back of house improvements, including:
- A new four-level public entrance
- New public and private food and beverage outlets
- Better bathroom facilities…and more toilets!
- Improved disability access
- Expanded loading dock
- Increased rigging capacity – for bigger and better shows.
While the works pose an exciting new phase in the life of our precinct, please be mindful of the surrounds and allow extra travel time when visiting Melbourne Park.