Public Venue Closures and Event Changes
Melbourne & Olympic Parks (M&OP) has announced the temporary closure of AAMI Park, Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne Arena and Margaret Court Arena starting on Monday 16 March.
The ban operates from noon on 16 March 2020 to midnight on 13 April 2020.
M&OP’s scheduled events list is being updated with new information as changes are confirmed.
This closure does not include the M&OP precinct public open spaces and Eastern Plaza Car Park, which remain accessible. However, we encourage all members of the public to stay informed on the latest advice from government and make the best decisions for themselves and their families.
We are working with our venue hirers, sporting clubs and partners to assess the implication of a cancellation, postponement or change to viewing conditions of any event scheduled as appropriate in each case. Please refer to the current statements provided by event organisers and sporting bodies below:
- Football Federation Australia (FFA) statement here
- National Rugby League (NRL) statement here
- Australian Rugby Union (ARU) statement here
- Live Nation Australia statement here
- Frontier Touring statement and updates here
- Chugg Entertainment statement and updates here
Ticket Holder Information
In the event of a cancellation, postponement or change to viewing conditions of any event scheduled to be held at our venues, all ticket holders will be notified via email or SMS and we encourage all patrons to ensure their details are up-to-date on their Ticketek account (click here for further detail). Updates will also be posted online and via social media channels of Melbourne & Olympic Parks venues. Please be assured that notification of changes to events will be provide as soon as practicable. We are asking that patrons/ticket holders minimise general enquiries requesting event updates to both Ticketek and M&OP.
Pre-booked Car Parking
Pre-booked car parking is currently closed to new public bookings and existing pre-booked car parking purchases will be cancelled and refunded. The bank account associated with the purchaser’s credit or debit card will automatically receive the original payment returned in full. The Eastern Plaza Car Park currently remains open, with spaces available and payment on entry at the regular rate of $7.50 per day. This is subject to change without notice.
For more information on coronavirus (COVID-19):
Information is available on the Victorian Government Department of Health and Human Services and Australian Government Department of Health websites.
The following events have confirmed as proceeding without spectators, cancelled or postponed. Please await further information from Ticketek and the event organiser regarding arrangements for re-scheduled dates and/or refunds:
- Melbourne Storm 2020 NRL Premiership Season (Suspended until further notice)
- Melbourne Rebels 2020 Super Rugby Season (Suspended until further notice)
- Melbourne Victory and Melbourne City 19/20 A-League Season (Suspended until further notice)
- Kip Moore, Margaret Court Arena, Tuesday 17 March (Postponed until further notice)
- Miranda Lambert, Margaret Court Arena, Thursday 26 March (Postponed until further notice)
- Marvel Universe LIVE! 2020 Australian Tour, Rod Laver Arena, April 2 to 6 (Cancelled)
- Lenny Kravitz, Rod Laver Arena, Wednesday 8 April (Postponed until further notice)
- Alanis Morisette, Rod Laver Arena, 14 & 15 April (Postponed)
- Dave Matthews Band, Margaret Court Arena, Friday 17 April (Cancelled)
- So Pop 2020, Melbourne Arena, 1 May (Cancelled)
- PAW Patrol Live! “Race to the Rescue”, Margaret Court Arena, 2 & 3 May (Postponed until further notice)
- Iron Maiden, Rod Laver Arena, 9 & 11 May (Postponed until further notice)
- Stormzy, Melbourne Arena, 14 May (Rescheduled to November 24 2020)
- Ocean Alley, Melbourne Arena, 15 May (Rescheduled to March 24 2021)
We will update this list as receive confirmation of event changes.
WHAT ELSE IS M&OP DOING IN RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS?
Melbourne & Olympic Parks is working closely with government and taking advice from relevant authorities on how to manage and mitigate the impact of the coronavirus. Given what we do as a business, its events and activities, we are making sure all those who work and visit our precinct are informed and supported with information and resources.
We are monitoring the outbreak of coronavirus and following advice issued by official authorities.
We have implemented precautionary measures to enhance our security and safety procedures throughout the venue, including:
- Displaying government standard hygiene awareness posters in all front-of-house and back-of-house bathrooms.
- Hand sanitisers have been made available at our customer service desks, retail kiosks and cafes. We encourage all those who are working and visiting our venues and precinct to practice good hygiene.
- Given what we do here at M&OP we are making sure all those who work and visit our venues are supported with information and resources.