As part of online fitness sensation, Kayla Itsines ‘Sweat’ world tour, participants broke Guinness World Records for the most people performing different exercises at once. The official stats were:
- Most people performing jumping jacks – 2,192 participants
- Most people performing running in place simultaneously – 2,195 participants
- Most people doing sit-ups simultaneously – 2,005 participants
- Most people performing lunges – 2,1 46 participants
- Most people performing squats – 2,201 participants.
After smashing the records, the group participated in a rare opportunity to work-out out with their idol as the sun set over the iconic Rod Laver Arena.
The event was the first ‘Sweat’ workout being held in Australia as part of the World Tour and coincided with the official Guinness World Record Day.